TTG lobbies for legislative and policy change that protects human and environmental health. Campaign members have testified at local and state congressional hearings on multiple occasions, contributing to the passage of numerous bills.
- 2010: A+F Protests organized in SF and NY to demand retailer stop spraying toxic fragrance in and around their stores. Partnered with National Campaign for Safe Cosmetics to test fragrance for ingredients. Online petition created 2009.
- 2010 : Testified at a California Senate Hearing in favor of the Green Chemistry Bill
- 2010: Spoke out against Smart Meter at hearing/ rally at CPUC headquarters
- 2010: Supported new SF legislation to pass legislation banning toxic trio for safer nail salons.
- 2009: Dr. Devra Davis speaks in SF and Marin to advocate for new legislation for Safer Cell Phone labels for SARS rating. TTG begins to develop outreach campaign. Campaign members testify at hearing in SF.
- 2008: Salon Worker Hearings: Campaign members testified at a hearing led by Senator Carole Migden in San Francisco to pass laws in support in support of the health and well being of nail salon workers.
- 2008: Campaign members testified at a hearing to ban lead in lipstick led by California Senator Carole Migden.
- 2008: Lobbied for the ban of Bisphenol A in Sacramento, California
- 2007: Toxic Toys Bill: Campaign members lobbied and hosted a press conference that forced the Governor to pass a bill he was set to veto banning phthalates from children’s toys. The bill was passed in October 2007.
- 2005: Safe Cosmetics Act of 2005 : Campaign members played a key role in the passage The California Safe Cosmetics Act of 2005. Thanks to their 11th hour lobbying efforts in Sacramento, California’s Governor reversed his decision to veto the bill and signed it into law.