Conscious College Road Tour 2015
Join TTG for the fourth annual #ConsciousCollege Road Tour, with visits to up to fourteen pre-selected college and university campuses nationwide. Beginning end of March and running through the first week of May, the tour is a unique, interactive, hands-on opportunity for students to become informed about the benefits and accessibility of conscious living. Let us know if you would like to be considered as a ROAD TOUR stop by filling out this application.
WHO: TTG and our team of Campus Reps will engage thousands of students, faculty, and staff on college and university campuses nationwide to change the world.
WHAT: A six-week fly/drive university tour to inform, inspire, and mobilize students to transition their lives and school campuses from conventional to conscious.
Here’s how the tour unfolds on each campus;
- (11am – 3pm) The Conscious Information Station: with a focus on seven key lifestyle categories, the interactive set-up features info boards, product sampling, hands-on demos, activities, and in-depth conversations. (set up will take a few hours prior to 11am)
- (6pm – 8:30pm) Town Hall Meeting: an evening dinner gathering for students, faculty, and school leaders to focus attention on a student-led sustainability project to be developed on campus; TTG will collaborate from inception to fruition.
WHEN: March 23 – May 1, 2015
WHERE: We will visit up to 14 college campuses around the country based on an application, student engagement for planning and execution, and the commitment of student volunteers at each school who will work with TTG to host the event.
2014 Road Tour Stops:
- Rice University in Houston, TX
- University of Louisville in Louisville, KY
- Indiana University Southeast in New Albany, IN
- Humboldt State University in Humboldt, CA
- Chico State University in Chico, CA
- Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia
- Ohio State University in Columbus, OH
- Oberlin College in Oberlin, OH
- Kutztown University in Kutztown, PA
- Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs, NY
- Columbia University and Barnard College in New York, NY
- American University in Washington, DC
- Georgetown University in Washington, DC
- University of Delaware in Newark, DE
- Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD
- Cornell University in Ithaca, NY
WHY: To offer tangible ways for students to live more consciously (education around safer and healthier practices and products) and be the change (advocacy campaigns and TTG programs) and support specific and actionable sustainability projects with stakeholders on each campus.
More info: The Conscious Information Station: An informational tabling event that will be hosted at each campus to inform and inspire a conscious approach to daily lifestyle. The information station will pair the TTG team and student leaders to run the event. The CIS typically takes place from 11am – 3pm in a central and well-trafficked area on campus. The event offers free demos, product sampling, and tips about conscious living along with a series of informative resource boards that prompt great conversations. It is open to all students, faculty, and staff. Teachers can schedule class visits at the Info Station and follow up with further discussion during class if they would like.
Town Hall Meeting: The TTG team and student leaders will host a dinner and Town Hall Meeting on each campus to bring together students, faculty, and administrators from diverse campus affiliations for discussion around a key campus sustainability project. The goal of the evening will be to discuss the project, set goals, develop a plan and time line, and assign tasks. TTG will continue working with the student leadership to help bring this project to fruition. As an option, TTG will work with a few schools on a pilot project called Vision Green that we can discuss further.
What are the benefits to schools?
- Partnership with Teens Turning Green, an organization that works to engage and mobilize thousands of students globally to be the change.
- Collaboration with like-minded students across many schools, facilitated by TTG
- Mentorship by the TTG team and campaign members to develop and execute specific projects.