PGC Conscious College Road Tour
Teens Turning Green is launching an unprecedented initiative called The Conscious College Road Tour from March 25 – May 1 as a fly/drive eco journey to 15 college campuses. Members of the TTG team will visit each campus to inform, raise awareness, and inspire conscious living.
The components of the Road Tour include; the Conscious Information Station and the Town Hall Meeting to inspire incoming freshman toward a conscious college experience from the moment they arrive on campus.
- The Conscious Information Station (CIS) will be hosted at a central campus location. This tabling event aims to engage and inspire students by offering free demos, sampling, tastings, and green lifestyle tips. The display will have informational boards and showcase the Conscious Collections, essential items for college life that promote conscious living.
- Town Hall Meeting: The TTG team with student leaders will organize a meeting on each campus to assemble students, faculty, and administrators from diverse campus affiliations. The Town Hall will start with a catered dinner followed by a talk from a leading environmentalist to inspire, motivate, and collaborate as a group. The evening will focus on sustainability initiatives on each campus and develop the FG15 Project to launch Fall, 2013.
The Freshman Green 15 Project is designed to raise awareness about conscious living and mindful consumption for incoming freshman and to develop opportunities for sustainable actions on campuses. An electronic FG15 Welcome Packet will include Eco Tips for Sustainable College Living, a Back to School Green Packing List, and a Green 15 Survival Kit. FG15 will be further developed during the Road Tour to launch nationally during freshman orientation, Fall 2013.
Who was involved? Thousands of students on college campuses in all regions of the country along with businesses, non profits, and media partners.
When did we travel: March 25 – May 1
Why did we take to the road?
- To mainstream the idea of conscious living into college life
- To collaborate with powerful student leaders committed to making change
- To ground TTG programs and social platforms on campuses
- To develop and strengthen campus sustainability initiatives
5 weeks, 15 schools, 6,000 miles and endless memories. We would like to thank the colleges and universities below. We feel honored to have shared this experience with you.
Barnard College: New York City, NY
Columbia University: New York City, NY
Harvard University: Cambridge, MA
Johns Hopkins University : Baltimore, MD
New York University: New York, NY
Rice University: Houston, TX
Tulane University: New Orleans, LA
University of Alabama: Tuscaloosa, AL
University of Colorado, Boulder: Boulder, CO
University of Delaware: Newark, DE
University of Illinois, Urbana/Champaign: Urbana, IL
University of North Texas: Denton, TX
University of Southern Mississippi: Hattiesburg, MS
University of Tennessee Chattanooga: Chattanooga, TN
Wellesley College: Wellesley, MA
(Closed till 2014)
Road Tour Media