Project Green Dorm (PGD) Makeover
Teens Turning Green Official Rules:
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
By entering this Teens Turning Green Project Green Dorm Makeover Contest, all participants (“Participant” or “you”) accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules, as well as any rules or requirements, including the Terms of Service, posted on the Teens Turning Green (“TTG”) website http://www.teensturninggreen.org/programs/dorm-2/. Any violation of any of these rules or terms may result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this Teens Turning Green Project Green Dorm Makeover Contest are final and binding in all respects.
THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, OR TWITTER.
1. SUBMISSION PERIOD.
The Teens Turning Green’s Project Green Dorm Makeover Contest (“PGD Makeover Contest”) begins at 6 am Pacific Daylight Time on August 1, 2012 and ends at 11:59 pm Pacific Daylight Time on September 3, 2012 (the “Submission Period”). The winner will be notified on or before September 7, 2012.
2. SPONSOR. This Teens Turning Green is sponsored by Teens Turning Green, PO Box 1146, Ross, CA 94957. (“TTG” or “Sponsor”).
3. ELIGIBILITY. The PGD Makeover Contest is open to current legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older and enrolled in high school, college or university at the time of making the Submission. Officers, directors, advisory board, and employees of TTG, or any other party associated with the development or administration of this PGD Makeover Contest, including marketing partners and prize providers, including Whole Foods Market, eBay Green, Aubrey Organics, Desert Essence, EO Products, John Masters Organics, Juice Beauty, Kejriwal, Natracare, Nature’s Path, Rainbow Light, Rudi’s Organic Bakery, Swisspers Organics, U-Konserve, Greenology, and their immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, who are not eligible to participate or win.
4. HOW TO PARTICIPATE. Beginning on August 1 at 6 am Pacific Daylight Time, the PGD Makeover Contest will officially begin. You must register as an individual or a team on teensturninggreen.org. LIMIT: ONE SUBMISSION PER PERSON AND PER PINTEREST ACCOUNT. If you are a team please see the following rules:
- Each team can be no more than 2 people; an individual may only register for and participate on one team. An individual can compete on his or her own or as a team but not both.
- On August 1, one person should register the two-person team, and name the team (ie: the Blue or the Eco Team… you get it.)
- Either member of your team can upload Pinterest board under the team name.
- If a team wins a prize, you would receive one prize for the team.
To create your Submission, during the Submission Period, follow these steps:
Step 1: Complete contest registration: http://www.teensturninggreen.org/programs/dorm-2/green-dorm-contest/sign-up-2/ Answers will be judged as a part of final scoring.
Step 2: Log in or sign up for a Pinterest account at http://www.pinterest.com. If you are new to the site, it may take a few days to be granted access.
Step 3: Create a new board called “Project Green Dorm.”
Step 4: Follow Teens Turning Green on Pinterest at http://www.pinterest.com/teensturngreen for inspiration!
Step 5: Start pinning on your new PGD board! Images should make up the ultimate green dorm room or living space. The finished board must have between twenty-five (25) and fifty (50) pins, including a minimum of four (4) items from Whole Foods Market (http://www.wholefoods.com) and four (4) items from eBay Green (http://green.ebay.com or http://www.ebay.com).
Step 6: In the description of each pin, include the name of the product, company and a brief description (50 – 100 words) of what compelled you to select this item, a link to the site where you found the item, and hashtag #greendorm.
Step 7: Post a link to your entire board and/or specific pins to Facebook and or Twitter. Like and tag @Teens Turning Green on Facebook and follow and tag @TeensTurnGreen on Twitter. Use hashtag #greendorm. Quality and quantity of social sharing will be factored into your final score.
Step 8: Once your board is complete, email your board link (the “Submission”) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “PGD Contest Pinterest Board Submission.” Please include your full name, age, phone number and email address (for individual or team Participants). The deadline for entries is 11:59:59 PM (PDT) on September 1, 2012 (the “Closing Date”). By taking this step, you agree to be bound by the Official Rules.
PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL SUBMISSION TERMS AND REQUIREMENTS
No entries will be accepted except by the means outlined above. Proof of submission is not considered proof of receipt or delivery. No substitutions or modifications of the Submission will be accepted once the original Submission is submitted. Use of a false email account or other inaccurate entry information will disqualify an entry upon discovery by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, illegible lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, garbled or delayed entries or other communications or other technical problems related to the Contest or Submissions. The use of scripts or any automated system to enter is strictly prohibited. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of any of Sponsor’s websites or Pinterest, Facebook or Twitter pages, or who otherwise violates these rules and seek damages or other remedies to the full extent allowed by law.
Participants must have a Pinterest account (no purchase or payment is necessary to join Pinterest). To join Pinterest, you can request an invite from Pinterest’s website (www.pinterest.com). Please note that a Pinterest membership is not controlled by and cannot be controlled or guaranteed by Sponsor.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION.
September 7, 2012
Subject to compliance with these Official Rules and any instructions posted in connection with the PGD Makeover Contest, each Submission will be juried by a team of judges and Winner Selection will be based on 1) creativity (15%), 2) composition (15%), 3) originality (15%), 4) uniqueness (15%), 5) aesthetics (15%), 6) product relevance to categories (10%), 7) functionality (10%) and 8 ) written registration content (5%).
First, Second and Third Place Winners will be selected based on their Submissions as ranked by the judges per the criteria listed above. Any potential Winner (either an individual participant or team) will be notified by email and telephone by Sponsor on or before 5 pm Pacific Daylight Time on September 7, 2012. If the potential Winner cannot be contacted, does not respond within two (2) days from the date that the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her, and/or the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such Participant forfeits all rights to be a Winner in the Teens Turning Green or receive any prize, and an alternate potential Winner will be selected. Upon contacting a potential Winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the PGD Makeover Contest, including without limitation the execution and timely return of any required documentation, including an affidavit of eligibility and compliance with rules, permissions, tax reporting documents, and a liability/publicity release. Documentation must be returned within two (2) days from the date that Sponsor provides such documents to the potential Winner or prize will be forfeited and an alternative potential Winner selected. Subject to complete compliance, such individual will be declared a “Winner” in the PGD Makeover Contest and announced on the PGD/TTG Facebook and Twitter platforms and website.
6. PRIZE DESCRIPTION. There will be prizes for First, Second and Third Place Winners. Each prize will be clearly indicated at entry http://www.teensturninggreen.org/programs/dorm-2/green-dorm-contest/pgd-makeover-contest-prizes/ and featured on the PGD/TTG Facebook and Twitter platforms, including the approximate retail value. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash or any other instrument of value. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. Should any prize or part of the prize become unavailable, the Sponsor may select another prize of equal or greater value.
7. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility. A potential winner may be required to provide tax reporting information prior to the award of the prize.
8. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS/ REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/ INDEMNIFICATION. By making a Submission to the PGD Makeover Contest, you represent and warrant that all information that you have provided in the registration or the Submission is and will remain true, accurate, and complete. Each Submission must meet the following requirements. Any failure to do so may result in disqualification and other actions, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion: (1) Compliance with Pinterest Policies: the Submission must comply with pinterest.com policies, terms and conditions; and (2) No Objectionable Content: The Submission must not contain content that is obscene, indecent, libelous, slanderous, defamatory, as per Pinterest policies. (3) the Submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws and is not and will not be defamatory, indecent, libelous or obscene. Each Participant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Released Entities (as defined below) harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the covenants, conditions, representations, and warranties of Participant in these Official Rules. In addition to seeking indemnification and any other available remedies, in the event of a third-party claim alleging infringement or violation of rights by the Submission or of a breach of the terms of this Agreement by Participant, Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, remove any references to the Submission from Sponsor’s web pages and social media platforms and disqualify the Participant from the PGD Makeover Contest.
9. RIGHTS TO USE THE SUBMISSION. By making a Submission in connection with the PGD Makeover Contest, each Participant hereby irrevocably grants to Sponsor, its designees, successors and assigns, a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable, sub licensable (through multiple tiers) license to use, reproduce, distribute, transmit, adapt, derive, perform, display and otherwise exploit the Submission, in whole or in part, unaltered, altered, alone or combined with other materials, (i) on Sponsor’s websites or social media pages, or any successor websites, and (ii) in any and all other media now known or hereafter created for any legal purpose, including without limitation for purposes of marketing, advertising or promoting Sponsor, Sponsor’s marketing partners, Teens Turning Green, the PGD Makeover Contest, and any other promotions. Participant further agrees to execute any further documents or permissions regarding the Submission at Sponsor’s request. Each Participant irrevocably waives any so-called moral rights they many have in the Submission. Participant understands and agrees that Sponsor has the right but is not obligated to display any Submission on the Sponsor’s websites and social media pages.
10. RIGHTS TO USE SPONSOR’S AND PARTNERS’ TRADEMARKS AND IMAGES. Sponsor and its marketing partners, Whole Foods, Inc. and eBay Green (collectively, the “Partners”), hereby grants to Participant limited and revocable permission to identify his/her Submission as PGD 2012 Dorm Makeover Contest and to pin images from Sponsor’s and the Partners’ web pages (“Sponsor’s Images”) on the Participant’s Submission solely in connection with this PGD Makeover Contest and for no other purpose. Sponsor and/or its Partners may revoke this permission at any time at its sole and absolute discretion. Participant agrees to promptly delete or remove any trademark of Sponsor or its Partners and any Sponsor’s Image from Participant’s pinboard or Pinterest account upon Sponsor’s request.
11. CONSENT AND RELEASE. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PGD MAKEOVER CONTEST, ALL PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, THE PARTNERS, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, GOOGLE, AND EACH OF THEIR PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DISTRIBUTORS, DEALERS, AND VENDORS, PRIZE PROVIDERS, AND ANY OTHER PARTY ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT OR ADMINISTRATION OF THIS TEENS TURNING GREEN, AND THE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, EMPLOYEES, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS OF ALL SUCH COMPANIES (COLLECTIVELY “THE RELEASED ENTITIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PGD MAKEOVER CONTEST, CREATION OF YOUR SUBMISSION, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE/MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGES, DEFAMATION, INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, AND CLAIMS BASED ON THE RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY AND PRIVACY.
IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any winner, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such winner for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Released Entities of any and all claims in connection with the administration of this PGD Makeover Contest, and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; (iii) any potential Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and compliance with rules, tax reporting documents, and a liability/publicity release; affidavits and releases must be returned within two (2) days from the date that Sponsor provides such documents to the potential Winner or prize will be forfeited and an alternative potential Winner selected.
12. DISCLAIMERS. (i) Registrations or Submissions that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor’s servers or elsewhere, will not be eligible. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Submission process or the operation of the PGD Makeover Contest or the PGC Website; violates these Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the PGD Makeover Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Use of bots or other automated process to participate is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right, to the maximum extent allowed by law, to cancel, terminate or modify the PGD Makeover Contest or these Official Rules, if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort; notifications of cancellation, termination or modification will be posted on the PGD Website. (iv) Released Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this PGD Makeover Contest, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this PGD Makeover Contest based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. (v) RELEASED ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS PGD MAKEOVER CONTEST OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE, WHICH ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. (vi) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PGD MAKEOVER CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
13. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Teens Turning Green is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of California. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Teens Turning Green will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Marin County, California. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of California and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of California. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this PGD Makeover Contest and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
15. NAMES OF WINNERS AND/OR LIST OF OFFICIAL RULES. For the names of the winners or a copy of these official rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by September 30, 2012 to Teens Turning Green, PO Box 1146, Ross, CA 94957 or send an email to email@example.com. Please include “Teens Turning Green – Winners PGD Makeover Contest Names/Rules” in the Subject Line of the email. Vermont residents may exclude stamp on return envelope.